Saturday, May 25, 2013

New responsibilities

Starting this Summer, I will be taking on new responsibilities. I expect this new challenge to take some time away from my usual activities. As I am not paid or otherwise recognized for the work I do on this blog, the logical conclusion is that my posts will not be as regular as they have been. I hope that the quality of the posts will not suffer. While I may have become more efficient over the years at reading papers and writing about them, looking back I notice that I have become less detailed in my writing. Maybe if I do not feel the internal pressure to post almost every day, this will change. In any case, I expect the frequency of postings to change.

And if you are still reading this through Google Reader, think about moving to a different reader or bookmark this site soon, GR will close on July 1st.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

EL we love you, whoever you are!

Speaking of Google Reader, does anybody have a recommendation that does not involve installing a plug-in?

Anonymous said...

While your many loyal readers appreciate your work and wish you well in your new responsibilities, keep in mind that your blog work likely has more impact than anything else you do.

Anonymous said...

Get a coauthor to make it easier for you to keep this site going.

Anonymous said...

http://theoldreader.com/ ?

Anonymous said...

Is a feedly version that requires no plug-in in the works?

Anonymous said...

A great blog. Thanks for your hard work.

Economic Logician said...

Good point about getting a co-author. It is not clear how I would select one, and even whether I would be willing to delegate writing on the blog. I have to think about this.

Tom said...

Just wanted to say thank you for the time you spend writing these posts - they're very interesting and this is one of the few blogs on the internet that I'd recommend to anyone. In particular, your comments on papers have made me a better critical thinker. Thank you.