Saturday, December 15, 2012

Five years of blogging

The Economic Logic blog is now five years old. At every anniversary, I reevaluate whether it is worth continuing in this effort. After all, there is little reward in blogging anonymously, rather the opposite, and writing here competes with my real world duties. And it has become more difficult since I took on some new responsibilities (some readers may have noticed that my posts were sometimes a bit short). However, readership has been steadily increasing and I have some sense of duty to keep posting. Stopping now cold turkey would definitely leave me empty. But I may consider skipping days here and there when my real world duties keep me away from my "second life."

So, I will keep posting for another year. There is still a lot of interesting research going on in Economics. And there is still a lot of papers that may not get published in the best journals but merit mentions because they have interesting implications. And sometimes there are some really bad papers that need to be pointed out before they do more damage.

Traditionally, I have pointed out with posts were the most read during the last year. For a variety of reasons, I can only find the three that were posted during 2012. By far the most popular was a very recent post, "How to make your children intelligent". The two next were "The Harvard Economics Department's Nobel problem" and "Mathematics, Econometrics and top economists' career outcomes".

I hope you will read Economic Logic for another year. I will be there.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great, my favorite in economics. I have often wondered how you have the energy to keep it going. Keep up the great work!

Aston Lockheed said...

It's a real pleasure to follow you. Bon anniversaire!!!

LemmusLemmus said...

As a reader, I would regret a lower frequency; as a blogger, I can appreciate that almost everything is more important than writing another text for no pay.

Anonymous said...

I am a senior at college planning to soon write an honors thesis. Your blog has been of great help to me in getting acquainted as well as coming up with ideas for research. Just wanted to say thank you. I really appreciate all your work.

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog, time for us to give you at least a little reward: thank you very much
and happy anniversary ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great blog, keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Please, do not stop blogging. Your blog is just great. We all would miss it a great deal if you decided not to continue with it.

a nickname said...

Don't stop, Logician

Anonymous said...

By far the best Econ blog out there. You obviously don't type, just to see own words published. I respect and appreciate that.

Anonymous said...

I also love your blog -- keep up the good work!